Product Liability Claims
If you purchased a product which turned out to be dangerous and unfit for purpose, Mellor Hargreaves can help you
When you purchase a new product you expect a certain standard and that it is safe to use.
Whilst quality control procedures are generally very good, occasionally dangerous or faulty products can slip through and they can cause distress or injury. The manufacturers or suppliers of such products are responsible for such injuries and claims can be made against them for public liability.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured by a dangerous or faulty product, take the following steps:
- Make sure you have a record of medical treatments which may have been required as a result of the injuries.
- Be sure to photograph the injuries for evidence.
- If your home or property has also been damaged, ensure you take photographs of this.
- Report the incident to Trading Standards as yours may not be the only product that is faulty and a product recall may be required.
- Keep hold of the product so that, if they need to, Trading Standards are able to inspect it.
Making a product liability claim
If you have been injured as a result of a dangerous product Mellor Hargreaves solicitors can help you. Our solicitors have extensive knowledge in the public liability claim process and can help you claim against the manufacturers or retailer of the product.
For more information on making a product liability claim contact Mellor Hargreaves on 0800 811 844 for a free consultation.
The team here at Mellor Hargreaves will help you through the whole public liability claim process against the manufacturer, supplier or retailer of the product which caused your injuries.