Accident Abroad Claims

Accidents Abroad

If you have suffered an accident or illness abroad, Mellor Hargreaves can help you make a claim.

Having an accident on holiday is seen by many as the worst possible time to be injured.

After all, you’ve gone away to relax and enjoy yourself, but instead, you have to deal with foreign doctors and hospitals, as well as sort out holiday insurance. Plus, you feel guilty for spoiling everyone else’s time as they have to look after you. Unfortunately, accidents on holiday happen all the time, including:

  • Road accidents involving drivers or passengers.
  • Injuries caused by badly maintained hotels or apartments.
  • Food poisoning.
  • Injuries caused by activities on organised excursions.
  • Skiing or snowboarding accidents.

Serious injuries can delay your return home, which means you need to pay for accommodation and different flights. Getting home to the UK can be problematic and you may even need further treatment and rehabilitation once you get home. You may also need to cut your holiday short, which again means additional travel costs.

Claiming compensation for an accident abroad

You may be able to claim some of the costs back from your holiday insurance, but not all of them. This is because some countries don’t require their citizens to be as highly insured as we do in the UK, so through no fault of your own, you may not be covered for as many eventualities as you might have thought.

Claiming compensation for accidents on holiday is quite a complex area and depends on where the accident happened, how it happened and who is to blame. Call our specialist team today on 0800 811 844

Our experience and knowledge means we can offer the best possible advice and make sure your claim covers all your losses as well as appropriate compensation for the accident and the impact it has had on your family’s holiday.