Frequently Asked Questions


Looking for Answers to your questions?

If you’re thinking about making a personal injury claim , a work-related claim or a holiday claim, then you’ve no doubt got enough on your mind without having to wade through indecipherable legal speak or worry about talking to stuffy solicitors.

Will I be able to find out how much services will cost?

Yes. We will do our best to give you an estimate of cost and we will update you regularly as the matter progresses.. You will be advised in writing of how our charges work and what our charge-out rate is.

Can I set my own limit on cost?

Yes. We are happy to agree a limit on costs and will not exceed that limit without obtaining your consent first.

Can I instruct solicitors on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis?

Conditional Fee Agreements, or ‘No Win No Fee’ Agreements as they are known, are available for certain types of work. They are available for personal injury claims and employment issues and in some other areas giving rise to legal problems. It is important to check with the solicitor about the details of the terms in which you are instructing them on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis.

Do you provide services by email?

Yes. We find that email is the most efficient form of communication and we are happy to correspond with clients via email if that is your preference.
Does Mellor Hargreaves offer free consultations?

Does Mellor Hargreaves offer free consultations?

Yes. We offer free telephone advice on all legal questions within our expertise. If there is no one available to deal with your enquiry immediately and an appointment can be made at a mutually convenient time.

How do I get my compensation?

When you appoint Mellor Hargreaves, you can rest assured that a leading UK specialist is handling your personal injury claim. We’ll go through your claim with you, discuss any additional information we need, such as witness statements, recommend an amount that we think is appropriate, based on our extensive experience, and take care of the whole legal procedure to secure your compensation, while you concentrate on getting better.

Who will deal with my claim?

Your claim will be handled by a dedicated team of solicitors and legal support staff. A fully qualified solicitor will be responsible for the overall claim procedure and in most cases, you’ll also speak to one of our highly experienced partners who can offer the best possible advice at the outset. You can contact us by phone, email or in person; we’ll always be ready to help.

Who do I turn to if I need to make a complaint about Mellor Hargreaves?

We have a comprehensive Complaints Charter that you will have received together with your Client Care documentation at inception of your claim. We follow that procedure to the letter and we always hope to have a satisfactory and speedy resolution to your complaint.

However, if you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint effectively you must refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman (LEO). All the information you require is on their website which is If you are not on the web, you can call them on 0300 555 0333 or write to them at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ.

The Legal Ombudsman was set up by law as an independent public body. Their job will be to resolve legal complaints in a fair, open, effective, shrewd and independent way.

If you require any further assistance, please give us a call on 0800 811 844 and we will be only to happy to chat with you.