Looking for a new Solicitor?
If you are looking for a solicitor or are unhappy with your present solicitor and would like to transfer your file, contact Mellor Hargreaves today, even if you simply want a second opinion.
We have drafted some basic questions to help you make a considered decision when selecting the right solicitor for your case:
1. Don’t naturally assume you need to use a firm of solicitors who are local to you.
A good firm can come to you. The main consideration is selecting the firm you think will deliver the best results for your claim.
2. Are the firm of solicitors you are considering established and credible?
Are they accredited and if so who with? For example, check them on the Law Society Register. Do they carry the Lexcel Quality Assurance Scheme Accreditation?
3. Do they specialise in the type of claim I want to make?
4. Do they have dedicated solicitors in this field of the law?
It is wise to select a firm that has expert solicitors who specialise in your type of claim in case it proves to be complex.
5. What is their ‘success rate’ in the type of claim you want to make?
6. Do they have real testimonials from real clients?
7. Do they offer a ‘free consultation’ to discuss your case?
It’s imperative that you feel comfortable with your solicitor and have a relaxed and personal relationship.
8. Do you know who will be handling your case on a day-to-day basis?
9. Is it ‘No Win, No Fee’?
When you have narrowed down your search, it’s important that you understand how the firms fee structure works.
10. What does this mean in simple terms.
And are there any conditions applicable to the charges involved?
It’s imperative that you choose the right solicitor when you are considering making a compensation claim. Here at Mellor Hargreaves we are happy to discuss and clarify any areas of the guidelines above to help you make the right choice.
So if you are unhappy with your present solicitor and want to transfer your file or simply want a second opinion CLICK HERE and we’ll get one of our expert solicitors to give you a call.
Alternatively you can give us a call at 0800 811844 or mail us on email@example.com